Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7
Example Frame

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Spring Series

Recently I began work on a series of photographs taken under natural light and in a classic style of black and white. Thanks to digital post production I was able to refine the classical theme I was going for. Really I was attempting to replicate the classic gritty high contrast  black & white photos that made photography famous.

The idea for the series was based upon the frustration I've been having twords our spring weather or lack there of. My region has been locked in stasus by the consistant cool weather and lack of sun. The ever present precipitation has has the added benefit of screwing with my creative mind. In compromise I figured that black and white photography as well as monetizing on the rich earthy tones brought out by the utter lack of foliage as well as developing a constant style in a portfolio filled with inconsistency.

So with out further distraction why don't you take a look. Monochrom

No comments:

Post a Comment