Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7
Example Frame

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Photo #134 ~ Metering


Another shot from our photo walk in Grand Forks, where I caught view of this little wonder outside of the coffee shop. I have taken shots of meters before and I have always found them to be extremely interesting focal points.

This shot having been processed similarly to film in that the image was dodged and burned extensively. I like using the levels or curves tool to recover some of the color in the images, then using the layer blending effects I use a series of overlays dodging and burning as well as effects similar to framing to add an artificial vignette to the image.

I often find myself wondering why I try to limit my the creative extend of digital in some images like this one, but in others go all out taking full advantage of what digital photography has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment