Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7
Example Frame

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Photo #145 ~ Train


This is the train I wrote about in my last post. I found myself shooting this shot at a rather high ISO for my tastes but I feel that over all it works out fine. When I finally made my way over to it the sun had already dropped just below the horizon so that very little light was made available. Worse because I wanted to maximize detail and depth of feild I had set my camera to F9. Without a tripod to steady the shot I resorted to setting my camera to ISO 640, and hopping there wouldn't be too much noise. In the end only the darkest portions of the image turned out to have to much noise.

 My technique for handling noise is a little unorthodox. I feel that removing the noise is more destructive so instead I add a layer of film grain. This evens out the noise and gives the allusion that it was an intended effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment