Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7
Example Frame

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Some Explanation

I have my photo of the day, but that doesn't give me the opportunity to tell my story about my photo shoots, as often as I would like. Not only that I am quite busy at this time of the year.

When I started shooting for this blog, I began producing more viable photographs than ever before. I found that having a theme, to fulfill for each series has made shooting more interesting, but also relates the photos, making them into a collective story.

I extended this to the "photo of the day" in that I started with a lomograph styled photograph, and I didn't stop, I like the idea of releasing images everyday and then releasing them as a series. It does lead to some issues with comments as visitors have to comment on the photo post rather than the photo itself.

So what do you think. Should I release the photo of the days for a month-long theme as a gallery? Or should I leave it be.

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd go with the "post a photo a day" approach. But that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is to republish it as a gallery to show a collective story. I want to know if my readers find this redundant. Personally I am going to try it for this one, but if the responce isn't as I hope I will reconsider.

    I really want to show them together rather than have readers have to search through posts.

    Thanks for the input Eden. I still will be doing the photo of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Eden. Stick to the photo a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have to rewrite the post clearer. The photo of the day isn't going anywhere. I just wonder what you think of putting all the photos of the day for the month in one place at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the post a day :) think of the month theme as a recap :) its nice to see them all together at the end of the month too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks jess thats what I intended it as.

    ReplyDelete