Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7
Example Frame

Friday, August 12, 2011

Locks, Dams, and Hights: Winona

Winona has continued to surprise me everyday I have spent here. The other day when I posted I talked about the attractions that would make photographing this city excellent, now I can add a few more.

Locks and Dams



Locks and Dams are a common, and prominent part of this area, and I didn't have to go far before I ran into one along the interstate. These locks are constantly in use so shooting a barge coming through is absolutely no problem. We stopped at two and both times a barge was entering or exiting the lock. I wish we had been there during better lighting conditions however such things happen when traveling with family.

State Parks


State parks are very prominent in this area, and fairly easy to get to. We stopped at Great River Bluffs State Park and John Latsch State Park, where I was able to capture quite amazing vistas from atop the bluffs. Be warned that John Latsch State Park is really a massive staircase up a bluff, that required more than a few stops along the way up. However at the top we were rewarded by an expansive vista. Most of the state parks in this area are fairly small and are easily navigable.

No comments:

Post a Comment